- Cut the courgette, carrot and sweet potato into chips. Cut the hard carrot a bit thinner than the softer vegetables so that the cooking time will be the same for all.
- Preheat the fryer to 200°C.
- Put the flour in a bowl. Beat the egg in a second bowl. Put the breadcrumbs in a third bowl. Add the poppy seed and/or sesame seeds to the breadcrumbs if you wish to add them to your veggie chips. You may also add some herbs as desired, with a pinch of salt, pepper, paprika powder, etc.
- Then, dip the chips successively in the flour, the egg and the breadcrumbs. Put the carrot chips to one side.
- To prevent the chips from sticking to the side of the fryer, you may want to spray it with some oil.
- Put the carrot chips in the fryer and fry them at 200°C for about 10–13 minutes.
- Every 5 minutes, shake the fries to make sure they cook evenly.
- Seven minutes before the end, add the courgette and sweet potato chips, so they cook along with the other chips for 7 minutes.
- Remove the chips from the fryer when the time is up and the alarm sounds.
- Serve with a fresh compote or a lightly spiced sauce.
Tip: to fry hard and soft vegetables perfectly together, you can cut the harder vegetables into smaller, thinner pieces and the softer ones into larger, thicker pieces.