Sweetcorn and chili pesto with breadsticks
1 tin of sweetcorn (300 g)
1 yellow sweet pepper
1/2 chili pepper
200 ml corn oil
50 g Parmesan cheese
30 g pine nuts
splash of water
100 g flour
1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Make the breadsticks by combining the flour with the baking powder, oregano, salt, olive oil and dash of water and kneading the dough thoroughly. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough, then cut flat strips.
- Bake the strips on baking paper in the oven until crispy.
- Slice the yellow sweet pepper into slices and blanch.
- Mix the sweetcorn, chili, corn oil, cheese, sweet pepper and pine nuts in the blender into a nice, smooth pesto. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the sweetcorn pesto with the breadsticks.