Roast venison with carrot and oven croquettes
PREPARATION Venison roast
- Fry the meat in a large frying pan over a high heat until golden brown on all sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the roast in aluminium foil. Add peeled shallot, thyme, bay leaf and parsley. Seal the aluminium foil and place on the grille.
PREPARATION The carrots
- Peel the carrots and leave a small piece of green at the end. Leave the small carrots whole and cut the larger ones in half.
- Mix the butter with all the spices and the brown sugar. Pour this mixture over the carrots and sprinkle with a little coarse sea salt.
- Put the carrots in aluminium foil and place on a baking tray.
PREPARATION The whole
- Place the carrots at the very bottom of the appliance and bake at 180 °C for 10 minutes.
- Leave the carrots in the appliance. Then place the grille with the venison roast in the centre of the appliance, above the carrots. Set the deli-fryer oven to 180 °C for 45 minutes.
- 13 minutes before the end of the cooking time, remove the carrots from the appliance and take them out of the aluminium foil. Place the carrots on a baking tray and put them back in the appliance to give them some colour. Tip: add a grille with oven croquettes in this last phase. Place this at the very top of the appliance.