Puff pastry appetisers
1 roll puff pastry
75 g mozzarella
30 g pine nuts
7–8 cherry tomatoes
½ tbsp. red pesto
- Cut six 12–13 cm circles from the roll of pastry.
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan.
- Drain the mozzarella and cut into small cubes.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes.
- Chop the pine nuts finely.
- Mix the mozzarella, tomatoes, 20 g pine nuts and pesto in a bowl.
- Beat the egg yolk in another bowl.
- Pile some of the pesto mixture on one half of the pastry circle.
- Fold the other half over and seal the join with some of the beaten egg yolk.
- Make ridges in the edges with a fork.
- Preheat the fryer to 180°C.
- Brush the pastry parcels with egg yolk and sprinkle with the chopped pine nuts.
- Lay the puff pastry appetisers in the frying basket. If necessary, place on baking paper, but make sure you don’t completely cover the bottom of the basket. Check that the paper is held down properly by the weight of the appetisers. Otherwise, the baking paper may be pulled out of place by the rapid flow of air caused by the heating element.
- Fry the appetisers for 10 minutes at 180°C.