Home-made chips in the deli-fryer
500 g potatoes
a pinch of salt
- Peel 500 g of potatoes and cut into chips of about 1 cm thick.
- Soak then in water for 30 minutes. Then pat dry.
- Preheat the fryer to 140°C.
- Put the chips in a bowl and add a tablespoon of oil. Toss the chips well to coat evenly with the oil. If you like, you can also add some herbs and spices to the chips at this stage.
- Fry the chips a first time for 18 minutes at 140°C.
- It is best to fry the chips in batches of 500g.
- Every 5 minutes, shake the fries to make sure they cook evenly.
- After the first fry, allow the chips to cool off in a bowl lined with kitchen paper.
- Preheat the fryer to 180°C.
- Fry the chips a second time for 12 minutes at 180°C. Don’t forget to shake them halfway through.
- Remove the chips from the fryer when the time is up and the alarm sounds.
- Sprinkle with some salt and serve.