Halibut with miso
4 pieces of halibut of 150 g each
4 spring onions
2 tbsp. shiro miso (= white miso paste)
60 ml mirin (= sweet Japanese rice wine)
2 tsp. finely grated ginger
1 tbsp. sesame oil
1 tbsp. grated ginger
2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. shiro miso
- For the dressing, mix the miso, mirin, ginger and sesame oil in a bowl and set aside.
- For the marinade, grate the ginger and mix it with the soy sauce, honey, and miso. Spread this marinade on the fish.
- Allow each side to marinate for 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Slice the spring onions.
- Heat a pan on high.
- In a dry pan, fry the marinated fish for 3 minutes on each side or until the fish has a brown, crusty exterior and is cooked as desired.
- Place the fish in a bowl, pour the dressing on it and serve with the spring onions.