Deep fried scampi
35 g flour
75 g breadcrumbs
- Peel and devein the scampi.
- Mix the flour with a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Beat an egg in a second bowl and put the breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
- Then, dip the scampi successively in the flour, the egg and the breadcrumbs. For best results, allow to chill in the fridge.
- Preheat the fryer to 180°C.
- Put the scampi in the frying basket. First spray the basket with some oil, to prevent sticking.
- Fry for 6 minutes at 180°C.
- Serve the scampi with tartare sauce for dipping.