- 250 g butter
- 200 g sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla OR 2 packets of vanilla sugar
- 5 eggs
- 500 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 400 ml milk
- 3 tbsp mixed (speculaas) spices
- Use butter at room temperature and cut it into pieces.
- Add the sugar (the vanilla as well) and the eggs to the butter.
- Mix this thoroughly, and then add the flour and baking powder to the mixture.
- The milk is added while mixing.
- Mix into a smooth batter and then add the mixed spices to the batter.
- The batter is now ready to be baked.
- If desired, you can add the crunch of some speculoos biscuit to the batter.